Friday, November 20, 2009

Snowman Ornament

I created this Snowman Ornament as part of a challenge on the Craft Edge Message Board using supplied shapes. I have done SVGs using type and simple elements but this is the first time I actually created a graphic SVG. Thought I would kick off my blog featuring this element.


Here is a layout I did featuring the snowman:



I used Creative Charms Seasonal Medley Snowflakes as accents and added some stitching to the top and bottom borders.

If you would like to download the Snowman Ornament SVG click DOWNLOAD. It is set up to import on to a 12 x 6 mat in SCAL. I am open to any comments or suggestions you may have.
Thought you might find this image of the mat and what goes where helpful:


I am going to add in tips on this blog and I have one to share today. I wanted to create the ornament for this posting but I was out of black paper. I took a sheet of white card stock and created a black box in Illustrator to the size that I needed and printed my own black stock. Might be kinda useful if you are trying to match a particular color and can't find the exact paper stock.

5 comments:

  1. Posting the mat board with the colors was a great idea. So many cutters want to know how to do that.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Nov. 22, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 24 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute snoman! Thanks for sharing. Loving your blog so far....keep it up!

    ReplyDelete