Sunday, November 27, 2011

Candy Cane Treats


Well it is not even December and I already have the treats done for my sons’ classmates. Making treats for the class are one of my favorite things to do. I let my boys pick out what they wanted to give their classmates. My 6 year old son picked out these bright colored candy canes.


I decided to make some sleds using the candy canes as the runners. Here is a look at the cuts I used. I imported them into SCAL (Sure Cuts Alot). The sled is from SVG Cuts ~ Rockin Around the Christmas Tree SVG Collection. I used the base of the sled and also created a shadow version of it in SCAL. I imported the Stampable from the Holiday Tradition stamps from Punkin’ Patch Stamps.



I cut the shadow of the sled using some silver holographic paper. It had snowflakes and worked perfect!


Next I cut the sleds, tags and stampables. I used three different colors to match the candy canes.
I also picked out three different colors of twine from the Twinery.


I stamped my stampables using my Punkin’ Patch Stamps. I always cut extra just incase I mess up. Still mastering the art of stamping.

Next apply the stampables to the tags and attach the tags to the sled using the twine. Attach the sled to the sled base.


Next attach two candy canes to the bottom of each sled. I used wide packing tape to attach.

Punkin’ Patch Stamps is having a Cyber Monday Sale -Save 40% on your entire purchase and get FREE shipping if you buy two or more sets of stamps ~ Expires midnight Monday.
Stop by their website or FB page to find out more!

Stop back soon to check out what I did for my other son’s treats!

5 comments:

  1. Wow -love that idea for their classmates and the sled is fabulously done!! I'm sure the kids will love em!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy these turned out sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Mom you are and so very creative. This is such a cute idea.

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are brilliant, Amy! What a clever idea :) I am sure the kids loved these :)

    ReplyDelete