Sunday, January 13, 2019

Love String Art

Hello Everyone! I'm sharing a new technique (for me) for my Miss Kate Cuttables design team project. I will share step by step directions. 

For my project I tried STRING ART!

I am going to share the steps I took to create the project:

STEP 1: 
I selected the SVGs. I used the envelope from the Valentine Love Letter Set.

I also used a bold font for the LOVE. You can use the bottom layer of the Valentine Uppercase Alphabet. Once I imported the SVGs into my Cameo Software I converted to dots using the rhinestone feature. I converted the lines to dots. I used .25 spacing.


STEP 2:
I cut vinyl with my Cameo. When I peeled the vinyl from the backer it left all the dots on the backer piece so it was super easy and there was no weeding needed. I applied the vinyl to my board and grabbed by hammer and nails.


STEP 3: 
I nailed in my nails. Using the holes in vinyl as my guide. 

I peeled off the vinyl when I was done nailing.

STEP 4:
I grabbed my yarn (Walmart carries this brand)

I started by securing my yarn on a corner nail and double knotting it, leave a tail. I then went around the outside edge of the design, wrappng around each nail, sort of outlining it, keeping the yarn at the bottom of nail. Once it was outlined I started randomly wrapping the yarn until it was a desired amount of coverage.
Once it was completed I repeated the outline around the shape to finish it off and tied a knot at the nail I started on.

I decided to outline my envelope with black yarn - it helped to make it pop.


This project is time consuming but it was very fun! 
I actually took some iphone videos. Here are the links on YouTube:



Thanks for stopping by today!







No comments:

Post a Comment