Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tip of the Week - You Can Change


This SVG is a freebie from 12/8/10 from SVG Cuts. I liked the owl but did not like the stern look on his face and did not need the scarf, branch or claws. I wanted a more “cutesy” owl for my Family Collage. So I made a few changes in SCAL (Sure Cuts Alot) and here is what I came up with:


Here is how I took the stern owl and made him cute:

Step 1 - Import the file called "brown.svg" and "darkbrown.svg". Other files are not needed.

Step 2 - Select the brown elements on the right and hit break apart. Then select & delete the cut out of the eyes and the claws.

Step 3 - Now you have all the elements you need. You just have to add some circles for the eyes using basic shapes.


Here is my final collage. You can see all the details on the SVG Cuts Site - under Amy’s Corner.


And here are a few closeups for your viewing pleasure :)



Hope this gives you some insight into making slight changes to suit your needs!


7 comments:

  1. super cute! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's adorable!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your collage and how you altered the owl! I have some blog awards for you on my blog! :) http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous as always, thank you so much for visiting me today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job and a great little tutorial i will keep in mind.....you have been a busy girl with all the fab cards and cuts these past few days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Owls seem to be all the rage lately, and yours looks so wide awake and happy! Great idea and makeover.. and of course, thanks to SVG Cuts for their wonderful files, I'm a huge fan and satisfied customer!

    ReplyDelete