Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tip of the Week - Shadows In SCAL


Kim sent me an email and asked me how I created the shadow for my Dad's Day Candy Bar Wrapper. It is the shadow I cut in cream card stock. So here's a tutorial on how to do it!

Step 1 - Import both SVG Cuts files. You can get them free from here.

Step 2 - Click on each image and hit break apart. Delete the "a" from the top one and the "R" from the bottom image.

Step 3 - Select the bottom image and move it up on top of the upper image. Select both images by drawing a box around both. Then select WELD.

Step 4 - Select Shadow - Pointy - 2.0. It will look strange but...


Step 5 - ...Hit Preview and you will see the final cut.



Cut Away! Hope this helps Kim and others. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. This card is so cute, I love the color scheme! I am now a follower. :)

    Check out my new craft blog, Made Especially For You. It's still in the early stages but I promise it'll get better! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete