Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year & a Bday Card

Wishing you a Happy New! We have been under the weather at our house - thought we were going to avoid it this holiday season but no such luck.

I plan to make cards for Birthdays this year. I have my sister-in-law's birthday coming up tomorrow and I made her a card. I do not consider myself a card maker but had some fun stitiching and inking on this one.

I cut a bunch of swirlies from SVG Cuts Swirlies Collection and put some double stick tape on them. I inked the background paper with silver ink and got a subtle background. Love this collection, check it out here.


Here is how my background paper turned out:

Close up of the card showing stitching:


Final card with Creative Charms flower and pearls added:



5 comments:

  1. You have some nice project using sure cut alot! I use cricut designstudio! Maybe this year I might buy sure cut alot. Is that like cricut designstudio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Amy, love the card. Did you get my email about fixing the CC Blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy - Thanks for your comment and for visiting my blog. Sure Cuts A Lot is similar to Design Studio. You can weld, etc. Only difference is you do not need to buy the cartridges. I purchase SVGs from SVG Cuts and also create some of my own using Adobe Illustrator - sometimes from scratch or from clip art. One great thing is I can cut any font from my computer & I have lots! Feel free to email me if you have any additional questions. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen - sent you a message on FB. Thanks! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy- Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower! Im going to follow your blog too.

    ReplyDelete