Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Valentine - Doodle Dragon Studios Challenge

I decided to join in on the first ever Doodle Dragon Studios Challenge. I've never used digital stamps before and thought I would try them out. I printed the digital stamp on white card stock and colored with Prismacolor Pencils (had to wipe off the dust - have not used these since art school.) It was so much fun coloring the supplied image.


I designed the other elements in Adobe Illustrator, saved them as SVGs and cut them on my Cricut using SCAL (Sure Cuts Alot).

I added a few Creative Charms gradient gems, felt hearts and a bow. Papers are BoBunny and card stock from my stash.

Here is a photo of the card - I have not perfected photographing cards - prefer the scan.


Here is a close up of the digital stamp and the felt stitched hearts:



Thanks for taking a look and try out a digital stamp!

8 comments:

  1. So cute. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute! You did a great job coloring him up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dustin's images are wonderful, aren't they? :)
    He turned out so cute, Amy! Way to bust out the pencils! (I looove my pencils!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, this Valentine card is so cute! Great job with the coloring & I like the stitches on the felt heart! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls stitching challenge - Hope to see more of your creations in upcoming challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, thanks so much for joining us on the first challenge and believe me, if you think this was fun to color you are going to get hooked on Dustin's images!! Love the coloring and all the added detail. Fantastic card!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. great choice of image, thanks for joining us in this challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stinkin' cute! I love the coloring and the felt heart! Thanks so much for joining Doodle Dragon Studios for our first challenge!

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete